an interview, it’s customary for you to get a chance to ask your
own questions to find out whether the company is a good fit for you.
This is the perfect opportunity to work out whether it’s the job
Ask the interviewer what the traits of successful people in this company are and compare it to what you’ve established about yourself. This should help you work out if you’d fit in with the existing team.
Working on finding a job you’ll love is about more than just your duties. Organisational structure, company culture and employees’ insights will all play a role, so make sure you’re doing all you can to work out where you think you’ll be happiest.
‘Do you have any questions for us?’
Towards the end of the interview, you will usually be asked if you have any questions of your own. Be confident when asking your questions and use them to score additional points in your favour.
- Why is the position available?
- What training and induction will be given?
- What prospects are there for personal and professional development?
- What are the company plans for the future?
- When can I expect to hear from you?
- What skills and attributes do successful people at your company usually have?
- What do you like best about working at the company?
- What results are expected from me?
- What specific problems are you hoping to solve during the first six months?
- What communication style do you prefer?
- What are your goals for the department?